MaGIC will be organizing a University Startup Challenge (USC) 2020 which is a startup experience and pitching competition where students from Malaysian Higher Institutes of Learning (HILs) to develop ideas into actionable solutions by applying the appropriate entrepreneurship tools and canvases, receive guidance from experts through mentorship and advisory session, as well as network & solicit support from the startup ecosystem.
There will be 2 tracks offered in the USC, namely Technology Track and Social Track. Participants will get a chance to experience the startup journey by undertaking challenges, bootcamps and mentoring sessions based on 6 content modules, which are Ideation; Validation; MVP/ Prototype Development; Go-to-Market; Financial; and Pitching.
The competition objectives are as follows:
- Create awareness and cultivate interest in innovation & creative thinking amongst local youth especially students from Institutions of Higher Learning (IHL)
- Provide a platform for IHL students to develop their ideas/ solutions/ products using creativity and innovation as an enabler
- Facilitate an experiential journey for IHL students to learn about startup development and how to become a successful entrepreneur, which leads to job creation for the rakyat.
Hence, it’s a pleasure to invite all students from Universiti Putra Malaysia, which are currently working on their startup project hence, enable them to build and expand their impactful and sustainable business idea through-out MaGIC University Startup Challenge (USC). These are the program details:
The USC is scheduled to be kicked off starting from June to September. These are the programme journey:
(May-Jun)- Register your team members by filling up this application form: mymagic.my/usc and Submit your presentation deck or business plan via application form for us to review your application (upload/ URL link)
(Jun)- Shortlisting process 1: MaGIC will send a confirmation email on both successful and unsuccessful participation
(Jun)- Register and start using USC Mentorship platform powered by FutureLab
(Jun-Jul)- Attend and fully commit in 1 session of 3 days Online Pre-USC Bootcamp (Compulsory and you only can choose to attend 1 session)
- 22nd - 24th June 2020 (Session 1)
- 26th - 28th June 2020 (Session 2)
- 3rd - 5th July 2020 (Session 3)
- 6th - 8th July 2020 (Session 4)
(Jul-Aug)- Pre-USC Challenge (Online submission)
- Demo video of the prototype/ MVP- How to use the product/ service/ solution
- Customer/ partner/ client/ user validation report- What are the feedbacks received from the experiment/ test.
- Must commit at least 3 online mentoring session via USC platform
(Sep)- Shortlisting process 2: Online Pre-USC Challenge submission and requirements:
Submit prototype/MVP/ demonstration video and customer validation/ survey report to email@example.com
(Sep)- Demo Day- Finalize everything and the pitching battle begin
Web Page: https://mymagic.my/usc/
Participants will have a chance to learn and get guidance from the trainers, facilitators, mentors and panel judges in starting up their idea or solution. There will be a pitching competition on the last day and they might have a chance to win prizes valued up to more than RM 10,000.
For further information, you may refer to the info pack attached or go to our website, https://mymagic.my/usc/
For further queries do not hesitate to contact Hanafi at 03-8324 4800 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We really appreciate your support and cooperation in participating for MaGIC University Startup Challenge 2020.
Date of Input: 09/06/2020 | Updated: 09/06/2020 | engkuliyana