Welcoming ALL Researchers and Academics who need to develop successful scientific writing skills. It deals with nuances of getting papers published in peer-reviewed journals. In this workshop, participants will be taught the importance of paper writing and publishing, the structure of a scientific paper, to understand the processes of paper submission and peer-review, to deal with paper revision and rejection and publication ethics. We should aim to produce quality research and publish in high-impact-factor journals.
Topics of discussion:
1) Types of Publications. Types of Peer Reviewed Journal Papers. Why are submitted papers rejected?
2) Effective Writing and Writing Styles
3) English Grammar and Punctuation are Important to avoid Paper Rejection
4) Writing your paper I: Title, Abstract, Introduction, Materials and Methods
5) Writing your paper II: Results, Figures, Tables, Graphs, Discussion, Conclusion, Acknowledgement, References
6) Writing Literature Reviews
7) Ethics and Misconduct
8) Writing a Research Proposal
9) Developing a Research Project
This workshop is for UPM Academics and Research Officers who would like to learn best practices, tricks and tips for getting published in high impact journals.
Time: 10.00 AM – 12.00 PM
All workshops will be held at Mini Audi, Pejabat Timbalan Naib Canselor (P&I), Level 3. Participants will be notified later.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Engku Liyana (03 9769 1290), Ms Sabrina (03-97691604) or Mr. Nazirul (03 9769 1394) for further information
Tarikh Input: 29/07/2020 | Kemaskini: 29/07/2020 | engkuliyana