ASEAN IVO Forum 2017 will provide a place for all ASEAN IVO members to exchange ideas, discuss R&D topics and coordinate projects. Any and all members of ASEAN IVO can apply for the ASEAN IVO Forum 2017. We are currently accepting abstracts for presentations.
In this year’s Call, the topics mainly focus on application development to provide solutions for specific regional needs or environmental or social problems. Projects would ideally have a strong outlook to conduct a demonstration by the final year of the project. Proposals from all technical fields are welcome and they will be evaluated on the potential benefit of output.
Food is a common need of every people in every country. The focus of this topic is for ICT applications providing specific solutions to food production issues in the ASEAN region, specifically the development of applications and integrated systems for R&D in the fields of agriculture, aquaculture, and livestock.
Keywords: Agriculture, Aquaculture, Livestock raising, Farming, IoT
2) Smart Tourism
After the establishment of the AEC (ASEAN Economic Community), traveling has become easy for people living in this region. This topic addresses ICT applications providing specific solutions to ASEAN regional needs arising from the growing tourism economy. In particular, projects would focus on the development of applications and integrated systems for R&D in the field of tourism.
Keywords: Travel booking and logistics, Tourist travel assistance, Safety and surveillance, Medical tourism, Cultural tourism, Travel database and data analytics
3) Smart Environment Protection
Remote sensing is one of the strongest technologies applicable in the effort to understand and protect against the effects of climate change and the destruction of the environment, especially tropical rainforests in the ASEAN region. By analyzing data from environmental monitoring, valuable information can be returned to society and applied to help preserve and restore the environment and mitigate the effects of disasters. This topic does not only focus on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
Keywords: Lidar sensors, Doppler radars, UAV and Airborne platforms, Spatial technologies, Landscape, Climate change, Rainforest protection, Environment protection
4) Information Reliability for Smart Society
In today’s highly connected society, people are increasingly sending sensitive data over networks such as for online shopping and online applications, as well as freely communicating content online and in social media. With this, solutions for issues such as information reliability and online security are more important than ever. This topic does not only focus on technologies, but also applications and integrated systems for R&D.
Keywords: Data validation, Accessibility, Cryptographic verification, Transparency, e-Voting, e-Commerce, Information system reliability
1) Deadline for abstract submission: Oct. 2, 2017
2) Forum registration deadline for speakers: Oct. 2, 2017
3) ASEAN IVO Forum 2017: Nov. 23, 2017
Universiti Teknologi Brunei (UTB),
Tungku Highway, Gadong BE1410, Brunei Darussalam
NICT can provide the round trip flight ticket at discount economy class and hotel accommodation for speakers of all presentations selected for support.
(1) The Steering Committee of ASEAN IVO will evaluate each submission for technical merit and other relevant factors. In some cases, modifications may be recommended.
(2) In principle, two speakers from each country are selected for presentation under NICT’s travel and accommodation support after the submission has passed the evaluation.
If a speaker is recommended by the Steering Committee and will pay their own expenses, they are also welcome to give a presentation.
(3) Approved presentations will be published on the ASEAN IVO website.
(4) Presentation speakers are expected to cooperate with NICT for administrative procedures.
(1) Procedure: Submit applications by filling in all necessary items in the submission and registration form and E-mailing it by attachment in MS Word and PDF format.
(2) Submit to: ASEAN IVO Secretariat
Dr. Hiroshi EMOTO
International Research Advancement Office, Global Alliance Department
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology
4-2-1, Nukui-Kita, Koganei, Tokyo 184-8795, Japan
Updated:: 26/09/2017 [noridahanim]